Svetlana’s latest pattern comes together so easily and has a really neat way of boxing the corners that I’ve never come across before but is so easy and fast! I love learning new techniques!
Hooray, my daughter finally has a bag for her ballet gear. A year ago I did some pattern testing for Juliet from Tartan Kiwi, the pattern was these paper pieced ballet shoes.
I knew I wanted to turn them into a ballet bag but couldn’t decide what bag to make. Then a few weeks ago Svetlana asked for testers for her new drawstring bag pattern. I said yes straight away, it seemed like a great way to get this ballet bag actually made. Nothing like a deadline for me to get something finished!
It did take me a while to figure out the best way to incorporate the shoes into the bag panel. In the end I simply added more of the Juliana Horner print to the sides and the bottom of the block. It makes the ballet feet look as if they’re airborne which wasn’t exactly the look I was going for but I can live with that. I’m just happy that my daughter’s ballet costume and shoes can finally be kept in one place.
A few notes;