I love it when I can cross two things from my list with just one project finish, and, hooray, that’s what I’m doing today…
A while back Danielle (petitselefants on IG) and Jeannette (goneaussiequilting on IG) from Polka Dot Tea asked me if I’d like to choose a bundle of fabrics from their store. Um, yes please! I then spent a (very) long time browsing their Etsy store trying to choose my fabrics. They have a fantastic selection of fabrics, many of which you don’t see in the bigger online stores. It was really hard to narrow my choices down. Here’s what I eventually came up with…
It’s a mix of all time favourite fabrics (like those Heather Ross wild flowers, the Anna Maria Horner gold floral Folk Song print, the Lizzy House mini pearl bracelets), some Japanese fabrics that I’ve long admired (including some LightHearted by Ayumi Takahashi) and two Art Gallery low volume prints, the Priory Square rose print on the top of the pile and the Maker print which is second from the top. Note; links are to the fabrics in their Etsy store where they’re still available, a couple of fabrics have since sold out.
I wanted to share their generosity with you and also celebrate my first year blogging anniversary… and do justice to these beautiful fabrics. This is what I came up with…
I’m really excited to be giving this pillow cover away. But first, let me tell you about Polka Dot Tea fabrics…
I’ve been buying fabric from their Australian based Etsy store for the last couple of years. Not only do they have a wonderful selection of fabrics (including Liberty and Japanese fabrics) but they’re also really friendly and helpful. They often post their curated bundles on instagram and all you need to do to purchase them is leave your Paypal email. It’s that simple/dangerous! You can also visit their Etsy store to check out all their fabrics. They’ve recently listed the new Heather Ross line, Tiger Lily and Doe by Carolyn Friedlander (although I see that’s nearly all gone already!). Also, unlike many online stores, you can purchase individual fat quarters (yay, fat quarters are my favourite way to buy fabric!). Their fat quarters are based on metric measurements too so they’re that little bit bigger than you’ll get from a non-metric store 😉
Disclaimer: I received 12 fat quarters for free but all opinions are my own and are based on my experience purchasing from Polka Dot Tea Fabrics. In case you’re wondering, I will not receive any compensation if you decide to purchase from PDT.
Now, about the pillow cover I’m giving away…
- The pillow cover measures 16 1/2″ square, it has an invisible zipper closure at the bottom and is backed in Melange in natural (a yarn dyed cotton that I purchased from Polka Dot Tea a while back).
- I’ve used fabrics from the bundle provided by Polka Dot Tea and added fabrics from my stash, some of which (like the Liberty fabrics and the backing fabric) I’ve purchased from Polka Dot Tea.
- The design is my own. If anyone is interested, I will happily share how I made it.
- It’s densely quilted with a walking foot using the serpentine stitch on my machine.
- The quilting thread is Superior Thread So Fine #50 in Snow (401).
- Feather pillow inner not included.
Details on how to ENTER TO WIN this pillow cover…
GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED
- Leave a comment below for one entry. Say anything you like or give me your best blogging tip!
- For a second entry, pop over to Polka Dot Tea’s Etsy store, then pop back and leave a comment telling me which fabric/s you would like to add to your stash.
- My followers get an extra entry, if you follow my blog let me know by leaving a comment below, just tell me how you follow my blog. And THANK YOU for your on going support, it means a lot!
- The giveaway is open until 9pm New Zealand Standard Time on Saturday 19 September (that’s Saturday morning if you live in Europe and Friday night if you live in the US).
The giveaway is open to EVERYONE no matter where you live. If you’re a no-reply/anonymous commenter please leave your email address in the comments or check back here on Sunday.
Hooray, that’s two things crossed from my list… make something with my Polka Dot Tea fabrics and celebrate my first blogiversary with a giveaway. Now on to the next item!